'Fast & Furious' actor made the difficult decision to end the dog's life on Monday night
Dwayne Johnson has revealed that his baby French bulldog, Brutus, has died after eating a toxic mushroom.
The Fast & Furious actor took to Instagram last night to share the sad news with his fans, revealing that he and partner Lauren Hashian had made the difficult decision to end Brutus’s life on Monday night after the mushroom began to destroy his liver and immune system.
“I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil’ family members,” Johnson advised at the end of his post.
The sad news about Brutus’s passing comes just three weeks after Johnson revealed that he had saved the dog’s life by jumping into a swimming pool to rescue him as he was struggling to doggy-paddle.
Brutus was one of two baby French bulldogs owned by Johnson and Hashian. The other dog, who is named Hobbs after Johnson’s Fast & Furious character, remains alive and well.