Will Smith's sci-fi blockbuster easily takes the Number One spot
Men In Black III has topped the UK box office chart on its opening weekend.
Will Smith‘s sci-fi threequel has taken almost £3 million, easily toppling Sacha Baron Cohen‘s The Dictator from the Number One spot. However, Men In Black III‘s opening haul is significantly down from its predecessors. Men In Black opened to £7.07 million in 1997, while the second movie took £6.19 million in 2002.
Avengers Assemble holds at Number Three, while the highest new entry is the ensemble pregnancy comedy What To Expect When You’re Expecting at four.
Other new entries inside the Top 10 are Wes Anderson‘s Cannes opener Moonrise Kingdom, while Nazi-themed sci-fi movie Iron Sky makes its debut at 10.
The UK box office Top 10 is:
1. Men In Black III – £2,953,736
2. The Dictator – £1,078,155
3. Avengers Assemble – £872,664
4. What To Expect When You’re Expecting – £661,617
5. Dark Shadows – £409,560
6. American Pie: Reunion – £362,323
7. Moonrise Kingdom – £251,760
8. The Raid – £116,340
9. Beauty And The Beast 3D – £69,795
10. Iron Sky – £66,076
Watch the trailer for Men In Black III at the top of the page.Video