Disney has slated 'Star Wars: Episode VII' for release in 2015
The new Star Wars movie is set to begin filming in early 2014, says producer Bryan Burk.
Disney has slated Star Wars: Episode VII for release in 2015 and hired Toy Story 3 writer Michael Arndt to write the script. JJ Abrams will direct and co-produce alongside Burk, his partner on numerous other movies including Star Trek Into Darkness and Super 8.
Asked when shooting might start on Episode VII, Burk told Collider: “We’re progressing on a schedule to hopefully begin next year, or the beginning of next year.”
Over the weekend (May 5), it was reported that Episode VII could be partly shot in Scotland, but Burk’s comments neither confirmed nor denied this rumour. “The location is still kind of floating around in the air all depending on script and a whole bunch of other issues,” he said.
Summarising the film’s status, Burk added: “As I just said, everything is kind of a free-flowing thing, and when we feel like the story level on this script and everything is really coming together and schedules are all working and pieces line up, we [will] prowl ahead.”
Meanwhile, original cast members Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill have all hinted that that they are likely to be returning for Episode VII. Earlier this month (May), Abrams confirmed that usual Star Wars composer John Williams is clear frontrunner to write the score.