FIVE DENY GROUP RIFT

A spokesperson tells NME.COM that Sean Conlon will be back in "the next couple of weeks"...

A spokesperson for FIVE has refuted allegations that SEAN CONLON has quit the band.

As previously reported on NME.COM, yesterday's News Of The World newspaper (July 29), suggested that Conlon has 'walked out' on the band for good.

They quoted a source close to the group as saying: "Sean is the quietest member of the band and one morning he just decided he had had enough and didn't want to be in Five anymore".

However, an official spokesperson for the group has contacted NME.COM this morning (July 30), to deny the allegations.

She said: "He (Sean) is still very much with the band. He has had glandular fever and been unable to work with the group, but we hope he will be back very soon."

The spokesperson said that Conlon was ordered by doctors to rest for one month, and that he should be able to rejoin the group within the "next couple of weeks".

Also, at a Radio 1 'One Big Sunday' event in Plymouth yesterday, group member Ritchie Neville told the audience that the allegations were "bollocks".

An official statement is expected later today.

Share This

Comments
Don't Miss
Latest Tickets
NME On Social
NME Store