November 4, 2011 17:31
Franz Ferdinand confirm they will return next year
Guitarist Nick McCarthy says the band are planning a comeback in 2012
Franz Ferdinand are set to return next year, guitarist Nick McCarthy has said.
The Scottish band, who released their last album 'Tonight: Franz Ferdinand' in January 2009 and haven't played a billed gig in the UK for almost two years. But McCarthy, who is currently playing as part of side project Box Codax, has said they will be regrouping next year.
Speaking to the Daily Record, McCarthy said of the band's plans: "We're thinking of doing something again after a bit of a sabbatical. We'd toured to excess and needed to enjoy playing again. It is going really well."
The guitarist went on to add that the band have refined their plans and don't feel they need to be as prolific as they once did. He said: "We used to think, what's wrong with recording an album a year? Then it was, 'Oh no. We're changing the system a bit'. These days people write an album for a year and tour for two years. It takes forever."
Franz Ferdinand made their UK live comeback at Belle & Sebastian's All Tomorrow's Parties Bowlie 2 festival at Butlins in Minehead in December last year.
- Previous: Singer Andy Williams diagnosed with cancer
- Next: Musical based around The Monkees' hit singles set to open in 2012