March 26, 2011 9:00

Glasvegas' James Allan reveals Coachella 'animal tranquilizer' drama Glasvegas Tickets

'I'd taken a lot of coke', frontman admits

Photo: Next Previous

Photo Gallery: Glasvegas

Glasvegas' James Allan has revealed that he had to be treated by paramedics after suffering an overdose at the Coachella festival in 2009.

The band had to pull out of their slot at the California festival in April that year due to the incident. Now Allan has told NME exactly what went on.

"We'd played a TV show in Los Angeles the night before and I'd taken a lot of coke," he said. "Just stupid amounts."

He added: "The day of the festival I took what I thought was Valium and it turned out to be animal tranquilizer. I was walking off the bus… I fell off the top stair. I couldn't put my hands up to break my fall.

"Next thing I remember was waking up in the dressing room with paramedics standing around me."

Allan and the band have since said that their days of such excess are firmly in the past, claiming they are "well looked after and looking after ourselves" these days.

Get the new issue of NME, on UK newsstands now or available digitally, for the full interview with Glasvegas.

Read More On This Artist

Glasvegas Tickets
Date/Time Venue Seetickets Viagogo


Buy Glasvegas Tickets

from £18

Buy Glasvegas Tickets


NOT AVAILABLE

Buy Glasvegas Tickets

from £89

back to top

Comments

Please login to add your comment.

Date/Time Venue Town/City Seetickets Viagogo
21 Dec 2014 The Old Fruitmarket Glasgow

Buy Glasvegas Tickets
from £18

Buy Glasvegas Tickets

21 Dec 2014 Old Fruit Market Glasgow

Tickets not currently available.

Buy Glasvegas Tickets
from £89

Featured Videos
Latest Tickets - Booking Now
 
Know Your NME
 

 
NME Store & Framed Prints
Most Read News
Popular This Week
Inside NME.COM
On NME.COM Today