Wes Borland denies Limp Bizkit have 'called it quits'
Fred Durst was quoted as saying the nu-metal band were 'over'
It was reported earlier today that frontman Fred Durst admitted that Limp Bizkit were "over", but now Borland has stated that the article which the quotes were lifted from is "insane". Borland wrote:
LB has not called it quits. That article is insane. Thanks for your concerns, but we're all good over here.— Wes Borland (@wesborland) August 17, 2012
According to the original piece on Metal Injection, the singer said that although the band were not splitting up, their popularity has waned as a lot of their former fans "have moved on".
Speaking about the current status of the band, he said: "We just don’t know what's going on in America. It's all about the new catchy thing and that's always changing. America is driven by record sales. It's the home of corporations. We're just Limp Bizkit, so we don't know how to do anything but Limp Bizkit." He went on to say:
But here's the deal: say in 2000, there were 35 million people who connected to this band. Twelve years later, lots of those people have moved on. We were a moment in time and it's over.
In May of this year, Durst revealed that they had been working on two projects since signing to Lil Wayne's Cash Money label: a studio album titled 'Stampede Of The Disco Elephants', and a follow-up to their 2005 EP 'The Unquestionable Truth Part 1'.
Last December, Limp Bizkit said goodbye to their old record label, Interscope, following poor album sales from their last LP 'Gold Cobra'. In April of this year, meanwhile, it was reported that Durst wanted to axe band members John Otto and DJ Lethal from the group.