Michael Jackson sued over London O2 Arena residency

Raymone Bain says Jackson failed to pay her for services

Michael Jackson has announced that he will play ten gigs at the London O2 Arena in July – and hinted he would retire from performing. The ten shows, which boast the tagline "This Is It", will commence on July 8, with tickets going on sale on March 13 at 7am (GMT). Pic: PA Photos
Michael Jackson's former publicist, Raymone Bain, is suing the singer for £29 million, claiming that Jackson owes her shares of his profits from deals - including his forthcoming 50-night residency at the London O2 Arena

Bain alleges that the self-styled King Of Pop agreed to give 10 per cent of the profits from deals she had been involved in setting up, but that she never saw the money, reports BBC News.

As well as making a claim for the cash made through the London residency, Bain alleges she is owed money made through the recent relaunch of Jackson's massive-selling 1982 album 'Thriller'.

"Unfortunately, Mr Jackson has elected not to honour the financial obligations of our contractual relationship," she said, "despite my numerous attempts to amicably resolve this matter."

Bain was Jackson's publicist during his trial for child abuse in 2005, repeatedly briefing the media throughout the period.

Share This

Comments
Don't Miss
Latest Tickets
NME On Social
NME Store