Michael Jackson biopic discussions taking place

Montecito Picture Company are in talks with Jackson's estate about a possible film

Photo: Next Previous

Photo Gallery: Michael Jackson

Initial plans for a film about the life of the late Michael Jackson are apparently underway, according to reports.

Variety has revealed that the singer’s estate is currently in talks with Hollywood producers concerning a biopic about Jackson, though it is thought that if a film is made, it will only cover certain periods in his life.

Montecito Picture Company’s Tom Pollock and partner Ivan Reitman - director of Ghostbusters – have confirmed that they are currently negotiating a deal with Jackson’s estate.

This follows the news that a previously unseen Michael Jackson documentary is set to be auctioned in London later this month. The film, which features footage of the singer's ‘Dangerous' world tour in 1993 filmed in Argentina, was given to Fame Bureau auctioneers by Jackson's chauffeur and has been given a reserve price of £4 million, although it is expected to sell for a higher amount.

According to The Independent, Jackson gave a VHS copy of the scrapped film to his chauffeur, who wished to remain anonymous. Jackson was said to be unhappy with the finished documentary, which is why it was never released, and he also sacked the crew who worked on it.

Last week (November 7), Dr Conrad Murray was found guilty of the involuntary manslaughter of Michael Jackson. The jury's decision was unanimous as Murray, who denied giving the pop superstar a fatal overdose of the powerful sedative, propofol on June 25, 2009, after a six-week long trial.

Murray has been remanded in custody and will be sentenced on November 29. The 58-year-old physician is expected to face up to four years in prison and lose his license to practice medicine.

Read More On This Artist

Michael Jackson Merchandise
More News
Ant & Dec to host BRIT Awards for first time in 14 years in 2015
Lil Wayne says his new album is delayed because he's been 'skating too much'
Young Fathers: 'Mercury Prize victory will not change anything'
Pink Floyd's Dave Gilmour to release solo album in 2015
Brian Eno shares previously unreleased track 'Prague' - listen
Sun Kil Moon's Mark Kozelek releases second War On Drugs diss track 'Adam Granofsky...
PJ Harvey streams cover of Nick Cave's 'Red Right Hand' - listen
Hip-hop group Young Fathers win Mercury Prize
Die Antwoord announce UK tour for 2015
Kitty, Daisy & Lewis announce new album produced by The Clash's Mick Jones
Bon Iver's Justin Vernon to host his own festival
The Dead Weather stream new song 'Buzzkill(er)' - listen
FKA Twigs reveals video for 'Video Girl' ahead of Mercury Prize ceremony
Rock band Huxtable win competition to support Biffy Clyro at Relentless Live gig
Joan Jett, Carrie Brownstein and Alexis Krauss appear in women's rights campaign video
Midweek Chart Update: Taylor Swift set for Number One spot in Official Album Chart
Nas shocked to learn of enslaved ancestors during US TV show 'Finding Your Roots'
Royal Blood and FKA Twigs see significant sales boost following Mercury Prize nominations
Julian Casablancas says his 'iron-fisted' creative control of Strokes led to problems
Calvin Harris collaborates with Haim on new song 'Pray To God' – listen
'Drive' director says working on Radio 1's re-scored version of the movie was...
O2 Priority Tickets available for Deep Purple, Dynamo, Placebo, Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga

More News

Comments

Please login to add your comment.

Latest Tickets - Booking Now
 
Know Your NME
 

 
NME Store & Framed Prints
Inside NME.COM