The rapper was ordered to stay away from his ex-partner in court in Los Angeles earlier today
50 Cent has pleaded not guilty to charges of domestic violence and vandalism in a Los Angeles court.
Despite his plea, which was made earlier today (August 5), the rapper was ordered by the judge to stay at least 100 yards away from Daphne Joy, the alleged mother of his child, at all times, reports TMZ. The court also asked him to turn in his guns.
The rapper, real name Curtis Jackson, is accused of attacking his ex-girlfriend and trashing her home in Los Angeles. On June 23, police say they were called to a property in Los Angeles, where they found a woman and a baby. The woman, who said she had been in a relationship with the rapper for three years, told officers that the he had began destroying her property during an argument. She said he kicked open her bedroom door and then kicked her.
Police say they found rooms ransacked with clothes strewn about and items including chandeliers, furniture and a television broken. They estimate there was as much as £4,700 damage done to the woman’s home. If convicted, the rapper could face up to five years in prison and faces £30,000 in fines.
The court case saw 50 Cent cancelling a planned appearance at a Birmingham branch of Argos. The musician and actor had been due to visit the shop on Union Street to promote his range of headphones.
50 Cent is due back in court next month.