Toxicology reports reveal that alcohol was present in the singer's system though
Suggestions that Amy Winehouse died of a drug overdose have been formally ruled out after results from the singer’s toxicology report found “no illegal substances” in her system.
The report does say that alcohol was present, but stresses that “it cannot be determined as yet if it played a role in her death”.
A full inquest into Winehouse‘s death is still ongoing and will be concluded in October.
The Winehouse family have issued a statement which reads as follows:
Toxicology results returned to the Winehouse family by authorities have confirmed that there were no illegal substances in Amy’s system at the time of her death. Results indicate that alcohol was present but it cannot be determined as yet if it played a role in her death.
The family would like to thank the police and coroner for their continuing thorough investigations and for keeping them informed throughout the process. They await the outcome of the inquest in October.