Britpop bassist speaks out about Blur's dangerous drugs and booze years
The Britpop star said that during the height of his band’s success they were given a warning from their record label not to choke on their own vomit.
Even though it was done quite lightheartedly Blur were given a warning by our record company about not choking on our own vomit. Booze and drugs go hand in hand, not just with bands, but with young people too.
James wrote in the The Sun today (July 25) that Winehouse’s death was “shocking”, saying: “Her death is sickeningly sad, and it could easily have happened to me.”
He suggested that maybe if she had been a relationship with the right person, “this would not have happened”.
Amy Winehouse was found dead in her Camden, north London home on Saturday afternoon (July 23) by her security guard Andrew Morris. It is now thought that drugs were not involved in her death, and she died as a result of alcohol intoxication, however the official line is that her death is “unexplained”.