The Beady Eye man says he suffered an anaphylactic shock after eating the sweet
Liam Gallagher has revealed that he nearly died after eating a blue peanut M&M.
The Beady Eye frontman says he suffered an anaphylactic shock after swallowing the blue nut-filled sweet while staying in a hotel on holiday. The singer was quickly taken to hospital where he was diagnosed with a peanut allergy.
Speaking about the dramatic moment, Gallagher told The Sun : “I’ve done some stuff over the years but never, never did I think a fucking blue M&M would be the thing that could have killed me.”
He explained: “I was in a hotel on holiday and got in about the mini bar. I was bored and hungry, so it’s what you do, man. I’ve always liked M&Ms so I got into them. I had a blue one. My mouth started to swell up and I could feel it tightening my throat, man. I had to go to the docs and get it checked out straight away.”
Believing it may have been a one-off incident, Gallagher was shocked when he suffered another reaction weeks later and now has to take precautions. He added: “I’ve got to carry a syringe about with me in case of emergencies. Proper Pete Doherty gear.”
Meanwhile, Liam Gallagher has come out as a fan of Made In Chelsea star Francis Boulle – that is, unless he’s got him mistaken with another prominent figure in the entertainment world.
“I was coming out of the loo and spotted him,” Boulle told NME. “So I said, ‘I’m a really big fan’. Liam goes, ‘I’m a really big fan of you, man. Where’s your wand?’ I said I wasn’t a magician, then he asked if I was going to go on a ‘wand-er’. I think he thought I was Harry Potter. But if he did recognise me, that’s pretty cool! He was pretty friendly.”
In Beady Eye news, Gallagher recently revealed that the title of the band’s upcoming new album – ‘BE’ – was not his first choice. The former Oasis singer, speaking to NME in the new issue on newsstands now and available digitally, instead said he instead wanted to title the album ‘Universal Gleam’ but was outvoted by his band and label.