Bruce Springsteen admits Wal-Mart deal was a mistake

The Boss says the band made a bad call

Bruce Springsteen has admitted that making a deal with Wal-Mart to exclusively release his band’s greatest-hits CD was a mistake.

The Boss was criticised by several of his fans for doing business with the major US company that has been accused of unfair labour practices and has paid fines for violating labour laws.

In a posting on the fan site backstreets.com, one fan commented: “Bruce is doing biz with Wal-Mart? Kind of goes against everything he stands for.”

When asked about the decision, Springsteen told the New York Times, “It was a mistake. Our batting average is usually very good, but we missed that one. Fans will call you on that stuff, as it should be.”

He explained that decision was made too quickly during a busy time. “We were in the middle of doing a lot of things, it kind of came down and, really, we didn’t vet it the way we usually do,” he said.

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band are set to perform during the Super Bowl half-time show this Sunday (February 1), as previously reported.

–By our Los Angeles staff.

Find out more about NME.