Carl Barat: ‘I’ll recover in time to play Glastonbury’

Dirty Pretty Things man sends hospital update to NME.COM

Carl Barat has declared he will play this weekend’s Glastonbury festival – despite being rushed to hospital last week (June 17).

The Dirty Pretty Things frontman was diagnosed with a acute pancreatitis after suffering from stomach pains. However he is now on the mend, and is confident he’ll play this weekend’s (June 27-29) festival.

“I am feeling much better, almost as good as I ever do. Its not as bad as I thought, it appears that the pancreatitis was probably caused by a combination of the medication I was talking (for congestion that I still get after my ear operation) and maybe the odd drink too many,” Barat told NME.COM.

“I was discharged from hospital at the weekend, which was liberating,” he added. “I have been told to take it easy this week and I shan’t be over exerting myself, which may be difficult as the LP is out next week and there are rehearsals to be had. Anyways, as long as I behave I should be right as rain before you know it. We play in Switzerland on Saturday and then I will be doing an acoustic set at Glastonbury on Sunday (June 29) (for Jail Guitar Doors/Real Fits). Got to go, things to do – slowly…”

NME.COM will be bringing you full coverage from this year’s Glastonbury – including news, pictures, blogs and video interviews –

live from Worthy Farm, so if you’re not at the festival make sure you’re here.

Leave a get-well-soon message for Carl Barat on the NME Office Blog now.