Frontman breaks silence about band split
Carl Barat has broken his silence about the Dirty Pretty Things split, telling NME.COM about his future plans.
Barat said he had no concrete plans, although he confirmed he would continue to write music.
Dirty Pretty Things announced that they were splitting up last week (October 1). Carl Barat and co. are currently on their final UK tour before they part ways.
“I’ve got no regrets,” Barat told NME.COM. “It’s liberating. We’re bouncing around likes hares. It’s like the young boys in the band again. It’s given us a lift.”
Speaking about his future plans, Barat continued, “I’m looking forward to getting back in touch with my guitar, not running round in circles [fulfilling obligations].
“I’ll carry on writing. If I think what I’m writing is something I want to play to the world, I’ll do it.
“It could be five minutes [before I return to the music scene]. I’ve got quite a short attention span. Having said that, I might change careers and become a bank robber.”