Buy Tickets

A member of Trump's transition team claimed John had been booked to perform, but John's representative swiftly denied it.

TAGS:

Elton John has swiftly dismissed a claim that he will perform at Donald Trump’s inauguration in Washington, D.C. next year.

The claim was made by Anthony Scaramucci, a member of Trump’s transition team, who told the BBC during an interview: “Elton John is going to be doing our concert on the mall for the inauguration.”

However, the singer’s representative has “categorically denied” this suggestion, telling the BBC: “There is no truth in this at all.”

John had been a Hillary Clinton supporter during the Presidential election campaign, even performing at a fundraising concert for the Democrat candidate.

Motley Crue singer Vince Neil recently said he had been booked to perform at Trump’s inauguration ceremony, but before the winner of the election had even been announced.

However, he has since claimed he has been “uninvited” to play at the ceremony, which takes place on January 20.

Meanwhile, reality TV star Paris Hilton has come out as a Donald Trump supporter in a recent interview.

Kanye West also spoke out in support of Trump during a gig in Sacramento, California, saying he would have voted for the Republican candidate if he had voted.

READ MORE: The Musicians Who Hate Donald Trump The Most