Dave Grohl and co were forced to pull out of this year's event after the singer broke his leg
Foo Fighters have allegedly already been booked to headline next year’s Glastonbury Festival, according to reports.
The US band recently cancelled their Glastonbury headline slot this Friday (June 26) after Grohl broke his leg at a gig in Sweden.
The band will be replaced by Florence And The Machine, who were previously booked to perform immediately before the group.
Following the news, Glastonbury Festival organiser Emily Eavis stated that she would “love” for Foo Fighters to headline the event in the future following their recent cancellation.
However, now The Sun are reporting that the band will headline in 2016. Eavis previously claimed that they’ve already booked next year’s three headline acts.
A ‘source’ told the newspaper: “Dave was beyond gutted about pulling out of Glastonbury, especially at such short notice. But Michael [Eavis] was quick to book him for next year as he’s desperate for the Foos to headline. He knows they’ll go down a storm at Glasto. Dave agreed within seconds.”
NME has contacted representatives of both Foo Fighters and Glastonbury Festival for a comment.
In a video interview with NME which you can watch below, frontman Dave Grohl said a recent petition against the rapper, which attracted over 133,000 votes, will only help West’s cause.
“I don’t know that much about Kanye’s music but right now Kanye vs Glastonbury is about as close to that old-school [Public Enemy] vibe as you’re going to get,” he added.
“I don’t know who the dude is that started the petition but I think every one of those votes is only fuelling Kanye’s fucking fire and it could be the greatest show of all time.”
SEE ALSO: Dave Grohl And Taylor Hawkins On Where Next For Foo Fighters
Sign up for the newsletter