Though the festival founder says he's hoping to get them to perform in 2015
Michael Eavis has said that Fleetwood Mac will not be playing Glastonbury Festival next year.
The band were rumoured to be performing at the festival, but the event’s founder has denied that they will be playing Worthy Farm in 2014. However, speaking to The Guardian, Eavis said that he hopes to get the classic rock band to play the following year. “We’re hoping to get them for 2015, but not next year,” he commented.
In October, bookmakers stopped taking bets on Fleetwood Mac headlining Glastonbury Festival in 2014. Ladbrokes were previously offering odds of 1/4 on seeing the band play the Pyramid Stage in June next year. However, following an increased period of speculation after Fleetwood Mac’s UK tour dates, the betting was suspended.
Tickets for Glastonbury Festival 2014 sold out in record time, after going on sale on October 6. 120,000 tickets were snapped up in 1 hour and 27 minutes, beating last year’s record of 1 hour and 40 minutes. Eavis revealed that over one million people had registered for tickets for next year’s event.
Dolly Parton is strongly rumoured to be playing Glastonbury Festival 2014. The country music icon is reportedly making her Worthy Farm debut next June, according to The Sun, and will take the Sunday night ‘legends’ slot, on June 29, 2014. The supposed date would fit in perfectly with her 2014 UK tour, which sees Parton playing London’s O2 Arena on June 27, but leaves her with an open schedule until her Nottingham Arena tour on July 2. Arcade Fire and Lily Allen have already confirmed themselves for the festival, with Arcade Fire headlining the Pyramid Stage on the Friday night (June 27).