Band distance themselves from 2009 incident
Glasvegas have declared that the band are all “well looked after” following reports of singer James Allan‘s overdose in 2009.
The band cancelled what was set to be the first appearance at the US Coachella festival that year. At the time they said Allan was suffering from “exhaustion and dehydration”, but he recently revealed that he actually overdosed.
Although he didn’t reveal what substance he overdosed on back then, he admitted: “It’s funny the fancy names people come up with when somebody has an overdose.”
Now the band have claimed that such troubles don’t haunt them these days. “Well looked after and looking after ourselves,” they wrote on their Twitter page, Twitter.com/glasvegas. “The [overdose] story was a long time ago!”
Glasvegas’ new album, ‘EUPHORIC /// HEARTBREAK \’ , is set for release on April 4.