Singer in the clear over 'foot' allegations

James Blunt will not be charged over allegations he ran over someone’s foot while leaving a party in Los Angeles earlier this year.

The alleged victim told police that his foot was injured as Blunt attempted to steer his car through a crowd on February 24.

A spokesperson for the Los Angeles attorney’s office said: “After a review of the information, we’ve decided not to file charges at this time.”

His publicist told BBC News: “He is very happy. James was never charged with anything.”

They added he was working on his new album, the follow-up to 2005’s massive-selling ‘Back To Bedlam’.