Josh Homme not producing Nick Cave’s new album despite reports

Reports had suggested the Queens Of The Stone Age frontman could be working with the Bad Seeds singer

Nick Cave is not working with Queens Of The Stone Age frontman Josh Homme on his next album, despite recent reports.

Cave and his band The Bad Seeds released their latest album ‘Skeleton Tree’ in September 2016 and reports recently suggested that Cave and co had drafted in Homme for its follow-up.

German director Fatih Akin reportedly broke the news in a recent interview, claiming that Cave and Homme had already began work on the album. Akin’s new film In The Fade was soundtracked by Homme.

However, when approached by NME, Cave’s press representative said that the pair are “not working together and we’re not sure where this [story] has come from… no collaboration planned at all”.

Josh Homme made headlines earlier this month when he kicked a female photographer at the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas show in Inglewood, California. On December 9, the frontman kicked a camera from the photographer Chelsea Lauren’s hands, which then hit her in the face. Lauren later needed care in hospital.

Following the controversy, Homme released an apology video, admitting that he had been a “total dick” and saying that he had “to figure some stuff out”.

“I want to be a good man, but I think last night I definitely failed at that,” he said. That means I failed my family and friends as well. I don’t want them to ever be ashamed or embarrassed about being around me or knowing so. So, I apologise also to my bandmates and my mum and my dad. My wife, my brother and my kids.”

The BBC announced that it is suspending broadcasts of Homme’s Bedtime Stories episodes on CBeebies following the incident.