Singer speaks as two men appear in court over alleged kidnapping plot
Joss Stone has claimed that being the target of an alleged plot to kidnap and rob her is “a compliment”.
The singer also dismissed the incident as “another story that I can add to my list of stories” and even said that it made her life “so much more interesting”.
Two men were arrested on June 14 after a suspicious vehicle was seen near the singer’s home near Cullompton in Devon. They were detained by police after they found swords, a rope and a body bag in their possession, and were later charged with conspiracy to commit grievous bodily harm and robbery.
According to the Huffington Post, Junior Bradshaw, 30, and Kevin Liverpool, 33, who are both from Manchester, will appear at Exeter Crown Court for a preliminary hearing today, but in an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Stone insisted that she would not worry about the failed plot.
“I just think it’s a little bit crazy,” she said. “But, you know, one could say I might take that as a compliment. I don’t know how, but I’m figuring that out. People are mental, man. But it’s alright. This is another story I can add to my list of stories. It makes my life so much more interesting. You can’t fret about things that didn’t happen, it just seems a bit silly.”
Recent reports suggested that Stone had been helped through the ordeal by Robbie Williams, with one source claiming that the Take That man had “put a smile back on her face”.