Singer has threatened to sue media outlets that published the photos
Justin Bieber has broken his silence following nude photos that recently surfaced online.
The singer was photographed naked while on vacation in the South Pacific island of Bora Bora. He is reportedly threatening to sue media outlets that published the photos.
The New York Daily News was among the first to publish the paparazzi snaps earlier this month (October 7).
Now, Bieber has told Access Hollywood that he felt “violated” by the incident.
“My first thing was like…how can they do this?” he said. “Like, I feel super violated. Like, I feel like I can’t step outside and feel like I can go outside naked. Like, you should feel comfortable in your own space… especially that far away”.
As The Hollywood Reporter reports, Bieber’s legal team have sent a cease-and-desist letter to the publication calling for them to remove such photographs.
The letter allegedly reads: “We recently became informed that your company has obtained and is distributing unauthorised photographs of our Client including images showing him without clothing”.
Bieber’s team state that the photos violate the singer’s privacy rights and trademarks.
Justin Bieber will release his fourth album on November 13. He recently suggested that One Direction chose the same album release date as him for “promo strategy” after the boy band announced their fifth album, ‘Made In The AM’, would come out on the same day.