Ke$ha says ‘truth was eating away at my soul’ ahead of court case against Dr.Luke

Singer issues statement as New York trial prepares to open

Ke$ha has issued a statement ahead of her court case in New York against producer Dr.Luke today (February 19).

The singer claimed to have suffered “mental manipulation, emotional abuse and sexual assault” after working with Dr.Luke, during their decade long working relationship.

She took to her Instagram account to declare: “I have nothing left to hide. I did this because the truth was eating away my soul and killing me from the inside. this is not just for me. this is for every woman, every human who has ever been abused. sexually. emotionally. mentally.

“I had to tell the truth. so the outcome will be what it will be. there’s nothing left I can do. it’s just so scary to have zero control in your fate. but this is my path this life for whatever reason,” added the statement.

She also said nerves were “going crazy,” via a separate Instagram post.

nerves are going crazy. I guess I’ll just watch the x files.

A photo posted by Kesha (@iiswhoiis) on

Among the charges in the lawsuit, are claims that he plied her with drugs, forced himself on her while she was intoxicated, and violently attacked her.

She also says that his abuse led to her widely-reported eating disorder, claiming that he said, “You are not that pretty, you are not that talented, you are just lucky to have me.”

Earlier this month, Ke$ha and her mother and manager team won a counter lawsuit filed by Dr.Luke, after he claimed the star made rape allegations against him to get out of a recording contract.

Ke$ha is unable to release music outside of her agreement with Dr.Luke and Sony Music, a block that has been in place since 2013. Last year, 53,000 people signed the Care2 petition demanding Sony Music Entertainment release the pop star from her record deal.
https://link.brightcove.com/services/player/?bctid=69922690001