But the singer doesn't say whether the new video will feature a second appearance from Beyonce
Lady Gaga has confirmed that a sequel to her 2010 video ‘Telephone’ is definitely on its way.
The nine-minute promo clip, which stars Gaga and Beyonce as bad girls on the rampage in the ‘Pussy Wagon’ from Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill films, ends with the words “to be continued…”
A sequel has yet to appear, but Gaga told listeners it “is surely coming” during an interview on Kiss FM yesterday (August 22). “I am very excited to be filming it and doing it,” she said. “Working with [director] Jonas Akerlund for ‘Paparazzi’ as well as the ‘Telephone’ video was such an incredible experience and to finish this trilogy will be great.”
The singer also revealed that she and Akerlund have already written the treatment for the follow-up video and confirmed that she will perform the song in question when she plays London’s Roundhouse on September 1 on the opening night of this year’s iTunes Festival. However, she didn’t say whether the sequel video will feature a second appearance from Beyoncé.
Earlier this week, Lady Gaga unveiled the video for her new single ‘Applause’, which features shots of the singer’s head on the body of a swan. She’ll perform the song live for the first time at the MTV Video Music Awards in New York on Sunday (August 25).
‘Applause’ is the first track to be taken from Lady Gaga’s forthcoming album ‘ARTPOP’, which is due on November 11 and featured production from Zedd, Madeon and DJ White Shadow.