Rapper has since been released after apparently having 'multiple seizures'
Lil Wayne was reportedly hospitalised for a third time in 6 months earlier this week.
According to TMZ, the rapper was taken to the Cedars-Sinai hospital in LA on Tuesday (March 12) after suffering from “multiple seizures” following a music video shoot in the Californian city.
Wayne has now been released from hospital following rest and is reportedly “doing much better now”. The rapper has been quiet on Twitter since collapsing and neither he nor his representatives have commented on his health.
Worryingly for the Young Money rapper, this is the third reported time he has been taken to a medical centre to receive treatment for seizures, after collapsing on board two separate airplanes in October last year.
At the time a representative for Wayne downplayed the incidents, saying he was merely having problems with migraines and was hospitalised to receive treatment for dehydration.
Last year, Lil Wayne stated that he will release just two more albums before retiring from music, perhaps leading to a move into the film industry. He told MTV News that ‘I Am Not A Human Being II’ will be his penultimate album with just one more record, ‘Tha Carter V’, to follow.
Speaking to reporters about his career and feeling old at 30, Wayne said: “I know y’all want me around for a little bit, and ‘Tha Carter V’ is my last album. Man, I’ve been rapping since I was 8 years old. I’m 30 now, man. That’s a long time, man.”