Judge urges Madonna and Guy Ritchie to resolve trans-continental dispute over son Rocco

Pleas for peace after ruling that singer can end British-based appeal proceedings

Madonna and ex husband Guy Ritchie have been advised by a high court judge to not take up any more time from their son’s “fast-receding days”, it has been reported today (March 21).

Madonna’s son Rocco visited his father in London, and has remained there since his visit in 2015. The 15-year-old left Madonna’s ‘Rebel Heart Tour’ last year so that he could live with his father in London. Madonna is fighting for the boy to reside with her in the U.S after losing a custody battle earlier this year.

A private appeal was launched to challenge the decision and when asked if he should bring the English proceedings to a close – or continue to make decisions about the teenager’s welfare – the Judge claimed it would be better if the pair could each spend time enjoying his company, according to The Guardian. Litigation hearings are still due to take place in New York.

Merry X-mas to the Sun-shine of my Life! ⭕️❌⭕️⭕️❌⭕️❌⭕️❤️❤️

A photo posted by Madonna (@madonna) on

The Guardian reports that Mr Justice MacDonald said on Monday (March 21) that it would be a tragedy if any more of the “fast-receding days” of the teenager’s childhood were taken up by the dispute.

“At the root of these proceedings … is a temporary breakdown in trust,” MacDonald said in his ruling, of which neither party was present. “For all the media coverage, comment and analysis, this is a case born out of circumstances that arise for countless separated parents the world over.”

He added: “I renew, one final time, my plea for the parents to seek, and to find, an amicable resolution to the dispute between them.”

The pop singer has been seemingly pre-occupied while on her Australian leg of her current worlf tour, where she is also in the midst of a court battle for custody of their adopted son, Rocco, with an ongoing battle taking place as to where their son should live.

Read more: Fan says she won’t take legal action after Madonna pulls her top down onstage

On Saturday (March 19), Game of Thrones star Gwendoline Christie joined Madonna onstage for her performance tonight (March 19) in Sydney, Australia.

The Game of Thrones and Star Wars actor was asked up to the stage by the singer during her performance of ‘Unapologetic Bitch’. Other famous names who have been given the same honour include Katy Perry, Jessica Chastain and Anderson Cooper.

Midway through the performance Madonna says, “Now bend over, you’ve been a bad girl. You need a spanking.” Christie complies, before the two switch stages for a lengthier conversation.

See fan-shot footage and photos from the night below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqdvMGvFfU

While in Australia, Madonna recently performed a free comedy show in Melbourne. On March 10 the singer delivered a special ‘Tears of a Clown’ performance for members of her Australian fan club, as well as customers of local phone provider Telstra.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports that the free event took place at Melbourne’s 1,500-capacity Forum Theatre. The show had been scheduled to begin at 8.30pm local time but but fans were reportedly not allowed to enter the venue until 11.45pm, with Madonna not taking to the stage until 12.50am.

Reports describe the gig as a “mixture of comedy, music and storytelling”, with Madonna donning a full clown outfit for the entirety of the performance. The singer described the show to fans as a “a work in progress”.

Many fans complained of the performance, which eventually finished at 2.50am, “It was going to be an amazing one-off concert. I’m disappointed,” one fan who had to leave before Madonna took to the stage told The Herald. However, comedian Em Rusciano praised the show on Twitter, describing the performance as “perfect”.

Watch footage below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlEF5DlvPho