Buy Tickets

Bassist Chris Wolstenholme says report is 'a load of bollocks'

Muse have dismissed reports that they are beginning work on their new album without singer Matt Bellamy.

It was reported yesterday (June 1) that the band would be starting work on the follow-up to their 2009 fifth album ‘The Resistance’ without Bellamy, but bassist Chris Wolstenholme has now said this isn’t true.

Responding on his Twitter page Twitter.com/ctwolstenholme, the bassist said of the article’s original source, a report in The Sun, “So to clear things up amongst any readers of The Sun out there, its all a load of bollocks.”

Earlier this month, Wolstenholme and drummer Dominic Howard told NME that they were planning on releasing a ‘softer’ new album in 2012. Howard said: “Who knows, it might be softer rock, but then it’s up to me and Chris to make it heavy again. A heavy rock lullaby! But I’m sure it will move forward in some way.”

Muse headline Reading And Leeds Festival this summer.