PUFF GAGGY

The rapper told by court officials to do no more interviews relating to his forthcoming court case...

A gag order has been placed on all involved with SEAN ‘PUFFY’ COMBS forthcoming court case in NEW YORK because of fears that press interviews may influence the trial.

As previously reported on NME.COM, Combs was due to appear in court next week to answer weapons charges relating to an incident on December 27 1999, during which Bad Boy Records rapper Shyne is alleged to have fired shots which resulted in the injury of several party-goers at Club New York. Combs’ charges relate to an unlicensed weapon allegedly found in his car and allegations of bribery.

Now, according to a report this morning (January 6) on [url=]www.sonicnet.com, the case has now been delayed, and all parties involved were told in a pre-trial hearing by a Superior Court Judge in Manhattan they are prohibited from discussing the case outside of court.

Unsurprisingly, the case has attracted massive media attention, and Combs has given a selection of interviews to large news organisations in the US. According to the report, a gag order was requested following an interview he gave with the New York Daily News.

Assistant District Attorney Matthew Bogdanos is concerned that media attention may affect jury selection, which is due to commence on January 17.

There is likely to be two more pre-trial hearings next week, and it is expected that Combs will appear on Thursday (January 11).