Spokesperson for Noel says "it's not true" when asked about tabloid rumours
A spokesperson for Noel Gallagher has said that rumours the band will reunite and play a series of gigs at Knebworth in 2014 are “not true”.
A story began circulating at the weekend with the Daily Mail claiming that Noel and Liam Gallagher have been “approached by promoters willing to pay huge sums for them to play two shows to mark 20 years since their debut album ‘Definitely Maybe'”. A source told the paper “If the gigs happened, they would perform ‘Definitely Maybe’ from start to finish.”
However, a spokesperson from Noel Gallagher’s PR company said simply: “It’s not true” when approached by NME to comment on the story. This backs up Noel’s own dismissal, which came earlier in the year. Asked during an appearance on Andy Goldstein and Jason Cundy’s talkSPORT radio show on August 15 if there is any truth to reunion rumours, Gallagher replied with a simple “no”. He was then asked whether he would like to reform the band next year, and once again responded with a short, sharp “no” before confirming: “No, it definitely won’t happen.”
In June, Noel’s brother Liam Gallagher told NME that the band had “unfinished business” and suggested that he and Noel could “bury the hatchet for a quick lap of honour” to celebrate the anniversary.