Plus the guitarist discusses his spat with Jay-Z
Oasis‘ Noel Gallagher has confirmed that he plans to release a solo album.
The guitarist told Blender that he hoped the four members of Oasis would each undertake individual projects following the release of their forthcoming album ‘Dig Out Your Soul’.
“I’d like for us to do separate projects after this record,” he said. “We’d all have to agree on it, so it will probably never happen. I’ve got loads of new songs. Somewhat predictably, they’re all brilliant.”
The news follows Noel Gallagher telling NME.COM last year that he was collecting songs together for a possible solo release and arranging a series of solo acoustic gigs.
“What did I think of Jay-Z doing ‘Wonderwall’?” he asked refering to the cover of the song the rapper played to open his Glastonbury Festival set this summer. “It was pretty funny. But I’m not sure one should be seen in public with a white Stratocaster.”
Meanwhile, get this week’s issue of NME for an exclusive cover story interview, plus a special Oasis giveaway, featuring:
– Two exclusive video interviews with the band
– Introduction written by Noel Gallagher
– Lyrics and sheet music for four ‘Dig Out Your Soul’ songs: ‘Bag It Up’, ‘The Turning’, ‘(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady’ and single ‘The Shock Of The Lightning’
– ‘Dig Out Your Soul’ album artwork
– Video instructions to play Oasis’ 1994 debut single ‘Supersonic’
– Oasis screensavers, wallpapers, desktop widget and link to exclusive microsite
– Competition details to win a VIP trip to any Oasis gig in the world
Make sure you get your copy now by pre-ordering at the NME store.