One half of US hip-hop duo denies rumours of a new record
Outkast member Big Boi has denied that the duo are working on new music as part of their reunion.
OutKast will play 40 festivals this summer. Earlier this year, the duo revealed that they would be making their live comeback headlining Coachella Festival in California alongside Muse and Arcade Fire in April. They subsequently announced another headline slot at New York’s Governors Ball festival, which takes place June 6-8 on Randall’s Island and will also perform at Bestival and Wireless in the UK.
However, there will not be any new music from Big Boi and Andre 3000 with Big Boi telling Revolt TV that the duo are sticking with live shows only for the time being. “No, no, no. We’re just doing the tour only, just for the fans. That’s all it is, just the tour,” he says, “It’s just the Outkast 20th year anniversary, just a way for us to celebrate with our fans, but there’s no album in the works, no.”
It has also been rumoured that both Big Boi and Andre 3000 were working on separate solo albums. The group’s producer Mr. DJ said that the pair were both working at Stankonia Studios in Atlanta .
The reformed duo then announced a 40-date full world festival tour “to celebrate the 20th anniversary of their unique and influential sound”. OutKast went on hiatus in 2007 and have not performed together since 2004. This year is the 20th anniversary of the pair’s 1994 debut album ‘Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik’.