OZZY ON THE MEND

The star continues his recovery from a quad bike crash in a private clinic...

Ozzy Osbourne has been moved out of intensive care and into a private clinic to continue with his recovery from his quad bike crash earlier this month.

The rocker is no longer at Slough’s Wexham Park Hospital, where he underwent emergency surgery after breaking eight ribs, his collarbone and cracking a vertebra in his neck in the accident at his Buckinghamshire home (December 8).

A spokeswoman said: “Ozzy Osbourne is progressing well but it still recuperating from his accident two weeks ago.”

Ozzy Osbourne is expected to take around six months to recover from his injuries, which until a week ago left him unable to breathe without the help of a ventilator.

According to ananova.com, a statement on behalf of the Osbournes said: “The Osbourne family are very happy that Ozzy Osbourne has been allowed out of the Intensive Care Unit for Christmas and would like to thank everyone for their kind support, well wishes and prayers.

“They would also like to thank all the staff at Wexham Park Hospital for the outstanding care and treatment that Ozzy Osbourne has received since his arrival.”

As previously reported on NME.COM, since Ozzy Osbourne has been in hospital, he hit the Number One spot in the UK singles chart for the first time in his career.

’Changes’, the duet he has recorded with Kelly, went straight to the top of the charts on December 14, though was unable to keep the position this week, when Michael Andrews feat Gary Jules scooped the Christmas Number One with ‘Mad World’.