PAULA: THE MYSTERY CONTINUES

The inquest into the late TV presenter's death was opened and adjourned today...

The inquest into the death of TV presenter Paula Yates was opened and adjourned today (September 20).

According to British news service ITN, Dr Paul Knapman, coroner at the inquest, said the post-mortem examination had been found to be “inconclusive”. Knapman said this was “unfortunate”, but that the investigation would await further tests. The inquest has been adjourned until November 8.

The hearing took place at Westminster Coroners’ Court and was attended by Yates’ close friend Belinda Brewin and solicitor Anthony Burden. Outside the court, Burden appealed for privacy. “You heard what the coroner said. I have nothing further to say. Please leave the family in peace,” he said.

Yates, 41, was found dead at her home on Sunday, after what is believed to be an alcohol and drugs overdose. No suicide note was found at the scene.