The star left no will when he passed away in April
A judge has denied 29 inheritance claims from people saying they are heirs to Prince‘s $100 million estate.
The late star left no will when he passed away in April this year.
Yesterday (July 28), Minnesota judge Kevin Eide dismissed 29 claims and also ordered six people Prince’s sister Tyka Nelson identified as half-siblings or other relatives to take genetic tests to confirm the status of their claims, Stereogum reports.
It was reported earlier this year that the law firm which represented Prince may have information that could determine how his sizeable estate is divided up.
A court order released on (July 13) says the firm, Minneapolis-based Henson & Efron, “might possess confidential information potentially relevant to the determination of the appropriate beneficiaries” of the musician’s estate.
Though the information is confidential, a Minnesota-based legal expert told Billboard that “it’s probably something less than a will”.