Star had been found unresponsive in a lift at his Paisley Park home
Prince may have been dead hours before he was found, according to new reports.
Prince passed away at his Paisley Park home in Minnesota last month (April 21), aged 57. He had been found unresponsive in a lift.
As investigations continue surrounding the music icon’s passing, Minneapolis newspaper The Star Tribune has cited a responding paramedic as telling staff and law enforcement officers at the scene that Prince had been dead “for at least six hours” when found.
ABC News later reported that this was confirmed to them by an unnamed source.
Although a cause of death has not yet been announced, police have confirmed that they are looking into the possibility that Prince died from an overdose of prescription drugs. It was recently alleged that the painkiller Percocet was found in Prince’s system during an autopsy.
Meanwhile, a memorial service was held in honour of Prince at Jehovah’s Witnesses Kingdom Hall, where he worshipped, in the Minneapolis suburb of Minnetonka earlier this month (May 15).