Hip hop superstar Sean 'Puffy' Combs charged after nightclub shooting...
SEAN ‘PUFFY’ COMBS, aka Puff Daddy, faces up to 15 years in prison after being indicted on weapons charges following a December 27 shooting incident at a New York nightclub.
The rapper/Bad Boy Entertainments boss was charged with criminal possession of a weapon along with bodyguard ANTHONY JONES at the Manhattan District Attorney’s office last week (January 13).
Both men are accused of fleeing the scene of a shooting at Club New York where Bad Boy Entertainments rapper SHYNE, aka JAMAL BARROW, allegedly opened fire, wounding three people.
Shyne’s been charged with a number of offences including attempted murder, assault and criminal use of a firearm. He now faces up to 25 years in prison if convicted and appears back in court on April 3.
On hearing the decision to indict him, Puffy issued a statement, via the Associated Press, which read: “The decision to indict me is wrong. I’m innocent and we will prove it. I am putting faith in God and I know my name will be cleared.”
Puffy will have the help of OJ SIMPSON lawyer JOHNNIE COCHRAN in clearing his name when he next appears in court on February 14.
And girlfriend JENNIFER LOPEZwho was with him at the time but faces no charges, appears to be standing by her man.
In a statement released last week she said: “I am surprised and saddened to learn of the indictment against Sean Combs. I was with him that evening. At no time did I see him with a gun. I support him wholeheartedly throughout this difficult time. My prayers and thoughts are with the victims of the shooting.”
Meanwhile, Puffy is facing a $100 million lawsuit from JULIUS JONES, a Club New York bouncer injured in the shooting.
Club owner MICHAEL BERGOS also faces a lawsuit from Jones and others injured in the shooting.
In a recent interview, Bergos revealed he had planned to open branches of Club New York in London and Rome, but said the huge lawsuits he faced resulting from the shooting incident had put an end to this dream.