Singer's spokesman reportedly says his performance would have been "compromised"
Robbie Williams pulled out of the upcoming MTV Europe Music Awards due to ‘budget cuts’ imposed by the show’s organisers, it has been reported.
A spokesman for the ‘Bodies’ singer apparently told the Daily Mirror his performance would have been “compromised” had he appeared at the bash, which takes place in Berlin on Thursday (November 5).
The representative told the newspaper: “He really wanted to [perform]. It is a real shame MTV could not make this happen. He performed a free concert in Berlin last week to 15,000 people.”
A statement on Robbie Williams’ website yesterday (October 30) blamed a “scheduling conflict” for the cancellation.
The former Take That singer made his live comeback in London earlier this month (October 20), performing tracks from his forthcoming new album ‘Reality Killed The Video Star’ at his first show in three years.