The star is in the dock over knife attack charges…
SO SOLID CREW rapper ROMEO was given an apology by a judge for a wasted trip to court after “shortcomings” in the CROWN PROSECUTION SERVICE (CPS) yesterday (November 22).
Judge Paul Dodgson apologised to the star – real name Marvin Dawkins – following a delay in getting case papers to the defence team.
Dawkins and four other men face charges in connection with a knife attack in central London last August.
Prosecutor Sarah Forshaw said that late service of some case papers “by those instructing me” had left her “learned friends for the defence” in difficulties.
According to BBC News, Judge Dodgson said: “This is ridiculous… “I hear this day in, day out, and there are defendants in the dock day in and day out who hear the CPS can’t do their job properly.”
He added: “It is extremely regrettable.”
Judge Dodgson told the defendants: “I very much regret that we have to adjourn the case yet again and I very much regret that you have to come back yet again in two weeks’ time… It is not fair on you, but that is the situation we find ourselves in.”
All five could remain on bail, the judge said. The men are charged with wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and violent disorder.
Under conditions previously imposed, Dawkins must observe a 1900 BST to 0700 BST curfew and cannot enter parts of central London except for his work.
The rapper’s brothers Julian and Nathan were also imposed with similar conditions with an added curfew requirement, as was Thomas Engola.
The other defendant Darren Moore was told that the only condition that would apply to him was the prosecution witness contact ban.
The men are set to appear at Southwark Crown Court on December 6 when they are expected to enter a plea.