Louis Walsh questioned over ‘sex attack’ on man in nightclub toilet

X Factor judge says claims “are wholly false” and is happy to cooperate with the police

Louis Walsh has denied claims that he indecently assaulted a man in a nightclub toilet, according to one of the red tops today.

A police source told The Sun that “an investigation is ongoing” after a 24-year old father claimed that the X Factor judge grabbed his private parts in a Dublin nightclub on April 10.

The pair allegedly met when Walsh stopped off at Dublin’s Russell Court Hotel after attending a Westlife show. They later went to the hotel’s private Global Bar and its Krystle nightclub, where the man claims that the TV personality groped him when he went to the toilet.

Police are investigating CCTV footage of the alleged incident, but Walsh said: “The allegations made against me are wholly false and with no foundation. I will happily cooperate fully with the police and am 100 per cent confident that after a full investigation I will be fully exonerated.”

A spokesperson for Walsh added: “He vigorously denies all of the allegations. If contacted by the police he will willingly cooperate with any investigation. Louis categorically denies any wrongdoing and will fight to clear his name.” The alleged victim, meanwhile, refused to comment.

Earlier this month, Walsh reportedly told Boyzone to split up following revelations that Ronan Keating had had an affair with a dancer.