Orange quit the band earlier this week
Williams left the boyband in 1995 before rejoining in 2010 for the ‘Progress’ album and subsequent world tour. In a tweet sent after Orange’s announcement, Williams said: “Mr Orange. Until we ride again . Much love Bro”
Orange confirmed the news on the band’s website on Wednesday night (September 24), saying that he didn’t want to commit to recording and promoting a new album with the group. He said that he had been considering quitting since the band wrapped up their last tour in 2011.
A statement from the band said that it was a “sad day” for them. “Jason leaving is a huge loss both professionally and even more so personally,” it reads. “Jason’s energy and belief in what this band could achieve has made it what it is today, and we’ll forever be grateful for his enthusiasm, dedication and inspiration over the years.”
Take That will continue as the remaining trio of Gary Barlow, Mark Owen and Howard Donald.