Band release statement to clear up reports
The Libertines‘ management have spoken to NME to clear up rumours about the band playing live again this year.
Earlier this month co-frontman Carl Barat said that UK festival shows could be on the cards for 2011. But following further reports about potential gigs doing the rounds, he and the band’s team have said that performances are now unlikely.
A newspaper report today (February 28) suggested that Barat‘s solo deal with the PowerAmp company also had connotations for the London four-piece’s plans.
The band’s spokesperson said: “Contrary to press reports today, The Libertines are not involved in any deal with PowerAmp music and no shows are scheduled for the foreseeable future whilst all members continue to work on their individual projects.”
The Libertines made their live comeback at the Reading And Leeds Festivals last August, but haven’t played together since.
Barat is continuing to play solo gigs, while bandmate Pete Doherty also has an extensive solo touring schedule this year.