The trial will now continue in July
The singer, who was formerly a member of pop group N-Dubz, denies attacking Savvas Morgan at the Chelmsford leg of the festival in 2013.
The trial began on Monday (May 19) and was due to finish today (May 23) but Judge Angus Hamilton decided to postpone proceedings to allow more witnesses to be called. “I am anxious this does not go on any longer than necessary,” the Judge said of the decision to delay the hearing.
The court heard earlier this week that Tulisa “hit a man in the eye”, with celebrity blogger Morgan claiming that his eye swelled up following the incident, which took place on August 18.
Prosecutor Matthew McNiff said Tulisa, “accused Mr Morgan of stalking her and swore at him”. He added: “She saw the opportunity to hit him and hit him in the eye.”
Morgan also spoke in court, telling the jury how Tulisa raised her fist in the air and was swinging her arms. He said: “Everyone was jumping around trying to get at me, there was a lot going on.”
Tulisa is on trial with her personal assistant Gareth Varey, who is charged with threatening behaviour. Judge Hamilton told the court today there would now be no verdict until at least July 2. Tulisa will also face trial in July for a separate legal case, after she was charged with playing a part in the supply of Class A drugs. She was arrested following tabloid newspaper reports that claimed she was involved in an £860 cocaine deal, but both her and her co-defendant Michael Coombs pleaded not guilty to charges.