Former 'X Factor' judge pleads not guilty to assault charge
Pop singer and former X Factor judge Tulisa appeared in court today (February 12) after she allegedly attacked a man at last year’s V Festival.
Tulisa Contostavlos was at Chelmsford Magistrates’ court today, reports the BBC, and entered a plea of not guilty to a charge of assault by beating.
Celebrity blogger Vas Morgan has claimed that she approached him in a “drunken and angry state” at the festival last summer, but a representative for the singer previously denied the allegation. “Tulisa strongly denies assaulting Mr Morgan,” they said. “She specifically denies punching Mr Morgan in the eye.”
Contostavlos was originally questioned by police after the incident, which is said to have taken place on August 18, 2013, but was released on unconditional bail. A full trial date has now been set for May of this year.
The former N-Dubz member will also face trial in July for a separate legal case, after she was charged with playing a part in the supply of Class A drugs. She was arrested following tabloid newspaper reports that claimed she was involved in an £860 cocaine deal, but both her and her co-defendant Michael Coombs pleaded not guilty to charges.
The case stems from an alleged incident in June 2013, when an undercover reporter working for The Sun On Sunday recorded what is believed to be Tulisa saying that “half her phone book” had access to drugs and that she would introduce their reporter to a drug dealer. This introduction was allegedly then made, with the undercover journalist filming himself paying £860 for half an ounce of cocaine.