Former 'X Factor' judge was first arrested in September 2015
Former X Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos has been charged with drink driving and dangerous driving following an incident in London last year.
The pop star and former N-Dubz member is alleged to have crashed a Ferrari outside Southgate Tube station last September. The alleged incident is said to have taken place on September 10, with the car believed to have crashed into an elderly couple’s Saab.
Contostavlos is due to appear in court to face the charges on Monday (April 4). If convicted for drink driving, she could be banned from driving for up to a year, while dangerous driving carries a mandatory minimum one year ban.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “A woman has been charged with driving offences following a collision on September 10, 2015 outside Southgate Underground Station.
In January 2015 Contostavlos lost an appeal against her conviction for assaulting a man at V Festival 2013. She was found guilty of hitting celebrity blogger Savvas Morgan last year and immediately began the appeals process. However, a judge upheld the conviction.
A separate trial involving the singer facing drugs charges collapsed in court in 2014 after Judge Alistair McCreath stated that he believed prosecution witness Mazher Mahmood had lied to the court at a pre-trial hearing.