Louis Walsh cleared of nightclub toilet sexual assault charges

'X Factor' judge had been accused of grabbing a man's private parts in a Dublin nightclub

X Factor judge Louis Walsh has been cleared of sexual assault charges over an alleged incident in a nightclub toilet, police in Ireland have confirmed.

Walsh, who has always stringently denied the claims, had been accused of grabbing the private parts of a 24-year-old man in a Dublin nightclub on April 10 and was questioned by police last Friday (June 24), but has now been cleared of any wrongdoing.

The pop mogul, who worked as the manager of Westlife and Boyzone, has also said he intends to take libel against The Sun, who published the story when it was first alleged.

Speaking to the Daily Mail, Walsh said: “I have been informed by An Garda Síochána [Irish Police Force] that I am now no longer under investigation. I have robustly maintained from the outset that this alleged incident did not occur.”

He continued: “While I obviously welcome today’s confirmation, I remain outraged that this story ran in the first place in The Sun and I have instructed my libel lawyer to vigorously pursue legal action against the paper. I have no intention of letting this matter rest until I have received total and absolute vindication.”

Walsh is currently serving as a judge on the new series of The X Factor.