Hair metal singer's death put down to 'acute ethanol poisoning'
The cause of death of former Warrant frontman Jani Lane has been named as alcohol poisoning.
Lane, who was 47, was pronounced dead on August 12 this year after his body was found in a Comfort Inn motel room in the Woodland Hills area of California, near Los Angeles.
A postmortem was carried out at the time of his death and was ruled inconclusive, but as a result of findings from the toxicology report, the singer’s death has been attributed to “acute ethanol poisoning”, reports TMZ.
The site also reports that investigators found a half-empty bottle of vodka and prescription medication in the hotel room where the singer died.
Lane fronted Warrant from 1983 to 1993 and then again from 1994 to 2004. He returned briefly in 2008, but had left the band again before his passing.
The band issued a statement on their official website Warrantrocks.com, in which they paid tribute to Lane. The statement reads:
We are deeply saddened to hear the news of Jani’s passing. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Jani was a very important part of our lives for a long time. We will always be incredibly proud of the music we created together. He was a true talent and will be missed by all of us.