ONE DEAD IN SHOOTING FOLLOWING WU-TANG GIG

An unnamed assailant fires at a bus carrying 20 fans...

One man died and three more people were injured, two of them seriously, following a shooting after a WU-TANG CLAN concert in LOS ANGELES during the early hours of yesterday morning (July 9).

A bus carrying around 20 fans had just left the Century City Club near Little Santa Monica Boulevard at around 2.40am when a car drove alongside and raked the bus with bullets.

The driver drove straight to the UCLA Medical Centre, but one man, 26-year-old Tony Lorenzo Galloway, was dead on arrival. A 20-year-old woman was hit in the abdomen and is in a critical condition in hospital. A 30-year-old man, hit in the lung, is said to be in a fair condition. A 36-year-old man was hit in the chest but was sent home after treatment. No names of the injured have been released. No one has yet been caught or charged for the shooting.

The concertgoers had been amongst a crowd of 1,000 watching the Wu’s Killah Priest perform. The La Times reports event promoters saying several other members joined him onstage, though this claim remains unsubstantiated.

Venue owners, who usually host a reggae night on a Sunday, have pledged never to book another hard-line hiphop act. “We will not be holding any more rap events here. These groups are very hardcore. They draw a clientele we don’t want,” said club president Daniel Fitzgerald. He described booking the Wu-Tang Clan as a “mistake.”

Police are keeping an open mind about the reason for the attack. They would neither rule in nor out gang involvement.

“We don’t really know what happened yet,” a spokesperson for the LAPD said. “We don’t know who the shooters are, and we’re not sure of the affiliations of the victims.” He added that it appeared that “some sort of dispute” preceded the shooting, but its nature was not clear.

The Wu-Tang Clan have not commented on the shooting.