Woman suffers first degree burns at Oxegen

Festival-goer hurt in blow torch incident

Pic: PA Photos
A woman has suffered first degree burns at the Oxegen Festival.

The incident allegedly took place on Friday night (July 11), after a male friend accidentally burned the festival-goer with a makeshift blow torch.

Her hand was reportedly severely burned and some of her hair was singed.

The Irish Gardai confirmed that the woman was seriously injured following an incident at one of the campsites on Friday night (July 11).

A spokesperson added: "While we have not made any arrests at this stage, Gardai at the site are following a number of definite leads."

The festival-goer was taken to Naas General hospital where she was treated before being released, reports RTE.

For news, pictures and blogs keep checking the NME.COM's T In The Park and Oxegen pages.

Plus make sure you get next week's issue of NME – on UK newsstands from July 16 – for the ultimate T In The Park and Oxegen Festival review.

Share This

Comments
Don't Miss
Latest Tickets
NME On Social
NME Store